|“|| Garrett: "Unbelievable. Even in the face of insurmountable odds. I don't know if it's suicide or stupidity."|
Scott: "Maybe both. Either way, I'm getting to that diverter."
Garrett: You, of all people, Scott, should know what happens to a lone wolf."
Theo: He's not alone. He has a pack!"
Malia: "And Theo's not in it... But I am."
Peter: "I'm not in the pack... But no one likes a Nazi."
Main Cast Edit
- Tyler Posey as Scott McCall
- Dylan O'Brien as Stiles Stilinski
- Holland Roden as Lydia Martin
- Shelley Hennig as Malia Tate
- Dylan Sprayberry as Liam Dunbar
- Linden Ashby as Noah Stilinski
- Melissa Ponzio as Melissa McCall
- JR Bourne as Chris Argent
Supporting Cast Edit
- Ryan Kelley as Jordan Parrish
- Khylin Rhambo as Mason Hewitt
- Cody Christian as Theo Raeken
- Victoria Moroles as Hayden Romero
- Ian Bohen as Peter Hale
- Michael Johnston as Corey Bryant
- Pete Ploszek as Garrett Douglas
- Joey Honsa as Claudia Stilinski
- The episode title is a reference to the Ghost Riders, who are known as the Riders on the Storm. It is also a reference to the song "Riders on the Storm," which played during the season premiere, Memory Lost.
- It is implied that the rifts can take beings to various different locations rather than a single fixed destination as previously thought. This was proven when the rift opened up between the Argent Bunker and the Phantom Train Station, but instead of ending up in the bunker upon crossing through it, Stiles ended up in his Jeep in the Beacon Hills High School parking lot.
- Chris Argent and Melissa McCall shared their first kiss in this episode.
- Liam Dunbar was able to hear Scott McCall's Alpha roar while in the Phantom Train Station; it is unknown if this is due to the pocket dimension merging with the real world, or if an Alpha's roar can truly penetrate through the veils of other worlds.
- Scott and Stiles "pass the baton" (or, in this case, Stiles' aluminum baseball bat) to Liam and Mason in this episode, confirming that Liam will indeed be the de facto Alpha in Scott's absence, though Liam made it clear that he couldn't be a real Alpha until he killed one and took its power.
- The post-high-school plans for some of the older characters are revealed: Scott McCall will be going to the University of California-Davis in Davis, California as planned in order to study veterinary medicine; Lydia Martin will be going to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where she already has enough credits to be a junior; Stiles Stilinski will be attending George Washington University in Washington D.C. for the pre-FBI program; and Malia Tate will be attending summer school to finish high school before finalizing her college plans.
- It is also revealed that Stiles and Lydia are driving to college together, with Lydia helping Stiles move into his dorm in D.C. before heading to her own school on the East Coast.
- Stiles gives Scott his Jeep in this episode, along with the copies of all of the keys he's made throughout the years.
Body Count Edit
- Ghost Rider - blunt force trauma; killed by Theo Raeken
- Ghost Rider - Banshee scream; killed by Lydia Martin
- Two Ghost Riders - shot with their own guns; killed by Chris Argent
- Claudia Stilinski's apparition - Banshee scream/gunshot to the chest; killed by Lydia Martin and Sheriff Stilinski
- Various Ghost Riders - battle wounds; killed by Scott McCall, Malia Tate, Peter Hale, and Theo Raeken
- Garrett Douglas - turned into an undead Ghost Rider by the Wild Hunt
- Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital
- Reception Area
- Phantom Train Station
- Underground Tunnels
- McCall House
- Dining Room
- Beacon County Sheriff's Station
- Sheriff's Office
- Beacon Hills High School
- Parking Lot
- Girls Locker Room
- Entrance Hall
- Chemistry Closet
- Beacon Hills Preserve
- "The Sun" by Frida Sundemo
- Lydia's voice draws Stiles to the train tracks in the Phantom Train Station, where he finds the open rift and jumps into it.
- "You Were Never Gone" by Hannah Ellis
- Lydia saves Stiles' life and they kiss.
- "Couldn't Believe" by BROODS
- Scott, Stiles, Malia and Lydia attend their last day of high school.
- "Last Days of Dancing" by Maja Francis
- Stiles and Scott talk about their futures and the fact that Beacon Hills will always need them before telling each other that they need one another as well.
- "Shine" by Mondo Cozmo
- Stiles turns off the police scanner upon hearing that there was a body found in the woods before he and Scott share a knowing look and drive away.